The Best Questions for Spotting Talent
White Knight Search asked it’s associates about their favourite, most revealing questions to ask executives and professionals during interviews. We chose the top seven… but could not resist listing some “honourable mentions”.
Not In The Top Seven – But Good All The Same
- What excites you?
- Is it better to be perfect and late, or good and on time?
- In 5 minutes, could you explain something to me that is complicated but you know well?
- Who is the smartest person you know personally? Why?
- If you were 80 years old, what would you tell your children?
- Do you work during your commute?
- How would you respond if you had to start over after completing a project 90%?
- List and rank your job acceptance factors.
- What did you learn about us from our website?
And the Top Seven Are…
- Suitability and fit with the work can be measured by asking:
“What were the best six months you have spent working in your career?”
- Integrity and the material of their soul is visible when you ask:
“What is something in your life that you deeply regret?”
- Curiosity and their mental edge comes from asking:
“What are you reading right now?”
- Motivation and the grit to do what’s needed can be assessed by asking:
“Would you be willing to tell a joke or sing a song?”
- Adaptability and openness to change can be seen when you ask:
“Where did you spend your last three vacations?”
- Inner drive and personal accountability are obvious when you ask:
“What percentage of your life do you control?”
- Wisdom and ability to compromise are revealed by asking:
“You have two jobs. Each takes two hours to complete. Each is important. But you only have three hours. What do you do?”